This simple celery salad will satisfy any craving for crunchy food. It contains heart-healthy almonds that add protein and dried apricots that add sweetness and dietary fiber.
Serving Size 1/4 recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 8 unsweetened dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- 1 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together the celery, apricots, almonds, and red onion.
- In a small dish, stir together the lemon juice and honey.
- Pour the lemon juice and honey over the celery salad. Sprinkle in the salt and stir well. Serve at room temperature or cold.