Apple Cinnamon Avocado Smoothie RecipeApple Cinnamon Avocado Smoothie
Avocados give smoothies a creamy texture and a boost of heart-healthy fat. In this simple recipe, avocado is combined with applesauce and cinnamon for a delicious breakfast or refreshing afternoon snack that is naturally sweetened without added sugar.
Yield: 1 smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ to 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients, except for the ice, in a blender. Cover and puree for 30 seconds.
- Add half of the ice and puree about 30 more seconds, until it is blended. Add more ice based on your desired thickness.
- Pour into a glass and serve right away.