Orange Kiwi Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt RecipeOrange Kiwi Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt
Entertaining doesn’t have to result in unhealthy eating. You can dress up simple, healthy foods to leave a positive impression on your guests. The orange and kiwi in this salad give you a double dose of vitamin C and a boost of fiber. It makes a nice addition to a weekend brunch or it can serve as a nutritious dessert.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Divide the sliced oranges into six equal portions. Do the same with the kiwi fruit.
- For each serving plate, alternate slices of orange and kiwi to create a stacked salad.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey, and mint. Spoon about one tablespoon of the sweetened yogurt over each salad before serving.
Nutrition information for 1 serving: Calories 80; Total Fat 0.6 g; Saturated Fat 0.2 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 1 mg; Sodium 6 mg; Carbohydrate 18.2 g; Fiber 2.5 g; Sugar 14.4 g; Protein 2.6 g