Garlic Shrimp Spring Rolls RecipeGarlic Shrimp Spring Rolls
Spring rolls make a healthy light lunch at home or on the go. They are easy to make and you can take the opportunity to stuff them with a variety of vegetables. Pack spring rolls in your lunch cooler and pair them with a fresh salad or low-sodium soup for a nutritious, filling meal.
Yield: 6 spring rolls
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ lb. raw shrimp, cleaned and chopped
- ½ small red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 green onion, greens only, sliced
- ½ tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dark sesame oil
- 6 rice paper wraps
- 6 small sprigs of cilantro
- Heat the oil over medium-high in a medium skillet. Add the grated onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and cook another minute. Add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until they begin to turn opaque.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in the cabbage, green onion, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Soften the rice paper wraps with water according to package directions. Lay a single wrap on a plate. Place 1/6 of the shrimp and vegetable mix towards one end. Lay one small sprig of cilantro on top. Fold in each side of the wrap and then roll up, similar to a burrito.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.