This dip allows you to serve a healthier option at holiday parties. It is loaded with beans that provide plant-based protein and fiber. The nuts and olive oil add heart-healthy fats. It’s a delicious snack served with whole grain crackers or vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Crackers or sliced vegetables for serving
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Puree on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Serve with crackers or sliced vegetables.