This energy boosting smoothie is perfect for breakfast or as a post-workout snack. It’s loaded with vitamin-rich pumpkin, yogurt, and whole grain oats to provide a balance of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
Yield: 1 smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup of maple flavored low-fat yogurt (or ¼ cup vanilla yogurt + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup)
- ¼ cup low-fat milk (almond or soy milk can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree until they are blended and smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve.