When you recreate your favorite fast foods at home, you can enjoy a similar meal with fewer calories and less saturated fat and sodium. These chicken nuggets are coated in seasoned bread crumbs and baked until crispy. Serve them as a main course or as an easy party snack.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Make sure all pieces are of similar size for even baking. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the egg until blended. In a separate shallow dish, stir together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, and then roll them in the bread crumbs to coat evenly. Place the chicken nuggets on the baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are browned and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Serve warm.