This salad makes a side dish that is full of protein and fiber. The chickpeas and vitamin-rich tomatoes are tossed in a light dressing made of tahini, lemon juice and dill. Use this recipe to make a healthy contribution to your next picnic or potluck.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, tahini and hot sauce until smooth. Stir in the dill, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.