Air-popped popcorn makes a filling, whole grain snack, but it doesn't have to be plain to be healthy. This version is dressed up with the rich flavors of garlic, rosemary, and a light sprinkle of salt.
Serving Size 1/6 recipe
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1, 4-inch long sprig of fresh rosemary
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, air-popped
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- Pinch of black ground pepper (optional)
- Place the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic. Heat the oil on medium, just until it begins to bubble, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the rosemary sprig. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Strain the oil and discard the garlic and rosemary. Pour the oil over the popcorn.
- Use a large spoon to toss the popcorn in the oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, toss again, and serve.