With only three simple ingredients, this recipe provides a nutritious sweet treat that you can make in minutes. Feel free to use any combination of your favorite fruits, but when using frozen fruit, check the label to ensure that there is no added sugar. For a soft frozen yogurt, serve straight from the ice cream maker. If you prefer a firm yogurt, place it in a freezer-safe container and freeze for one to two hours.
Yield: About 3 ½ cups
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 2 cups non-fat or low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup chopped mango, thawed if frozen
- Place the yogurt and fruit in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a counter-top ice cream maker and churn until firm, about 20 to 30 minutes.