These easy toasts make a quick breakfast or snack. Part skim ricotta cheese provides protein and fresh strawberries supply vitamin C.
Serving Size 2 toasts
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 8 slices whole wheat baguette
- ½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 to 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the broiler and place the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil until toasted and browned, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta and honey. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta over each toast.
- Place a few slices of strawberry over the ricotta on each toast. Sprinkle the toasts with chopped mint and serve.