Baked oatmeal makes a healthy breakfast that can be made early in the week and reheated on a busy morning. This version uses frozen blueberries for a sweet and hearty breakfast that isn’t loaded with sugar or saturated fat.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or raw sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 4-cup casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the oats and milk to a medium bowl and stir well. Next, stir in the blueberries, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in the egg white. Continue to stir until it is fully incorporated into the oatmeal.
- Pour the oatmeal into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until the edges are browned. Cut into 6 portions and serve warm.