This pasta salad recipe uses less pasta and more vegetables to create a dish with fewer calories than the traditional recipe, and it doesn’t skimp on flavor. The cauliflower and carrots are also loaded with fiber and disease fighting antioxidants.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 cup dry bow-tie pasta (about 2.5 oz.), cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Add the cauliflower, pasta, carrot, and onion to a medium bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- In a small dish, whisk together the mayonnaise, water, chives, honey, and smoked paprika until smooth.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat all the vegetables and pasta. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 30 minutes.