Entertaining doesn’t have to result in unhealthy eating. You can dress up simple, healthy foods to leave a positive impression on your guests. The orange and kiwi in this salad give you a double dose of vitamin C and a boost of fiber. It makes a nice addition to a weekend brunch or it can serve as a nutritious dessert.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Divide the sliced oranges into six equal portions. Do the same with the kiwi fruit.
- For each serving plate, alternate slices of orange and kiwi to create a stacked salad.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey, and mint. Spoon about one tablespoon of the sweetened yogurt over each salad before serving.